How Can You Help?
- Complete the GSMD Health Survey for all of your dogs who were living
at any time between the years of 2008 to 2012.
- Bank your GSMD’s DNA with the CHIC DNA repository. Having the DNA samples along with corresponding genealogic and phenotypic information available will facilitate future health research and testing aimed at reducing the incidence of inherited disease.
- Donate to help fund future health research and health education projects.
Cash donations can be made through:
1) Tax deductible contributions can be made to the GSMDCA CHF Donor Advised Fund, using this direct link to CHF. At the CHF donation page, under “Available Programs”, select Donor Advised Funds, and then under “Choose a Program” select Greater Swiss Mountain Dog DAF. This will insure that your donation goes toward funding of breed specific health research.
2) Cash donations can also be made directly to the GSMDCA and designated for health research and education. Donate to the Health Fund
Donations of GSMD and dog related items can be made to the annual Health Fund Silent Auction held in conjunction with the GSMDCA National Specialty each year. Please contact Allison Allen for information on donating to the 2013 Health Auction.
Volunteer your time! The Health Committee is always in need of volunteers to help with health related projects. Let us know if you might be willing to get involved.